Need to Make a Return or Exchange Something?
No sweat, our various return policies are outlined below.
If at any time a customer is not satisfied with their purchase from SMG, the customer may return the item within 30 days of delivery of their order*.
item(s) purchased must be in new condition, including original packaging in
perfect new condition, parts, accessories, and paperwork. Only orders returned
in a new, ready-to-sell (unused or installed) condition will receive a refund,
minus a restocking fee, and excluding any shipping costs.
All returned orders are inspected for use and/or installation, as well as missing items. SMG will contact the customer if there is any question of use and or missing items required to complete the product(s) for a Refund.
*Certain products are considered Sales-Final and not returnable under any circumstances. For a comprehensive list of Non-returnable items, please see below:
Product Returns, RMAs, & Warranty Information:
- WARRANTY ITEMS: Item(s) will need to be sent directly to the Manufacturer for Warranty Service (by you the customer), if the item is an SMG branded item, contact us for warranty status and how to obtain repair and/or replacement.
- ALL Returns require prior authorization from SMG; contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain an authorization number and directions. You will be responsible for return shipping and ensuring the package contents arrive in like new condition. All returns are also subject to a re-stocking fee. See section below for more details. Any unauthorized returns will be refused and sent back with the shipper where possible. It will be your responsibility to collect your items and or make arrangements to collect them.
- Special Orders, Custom Made orders and other exclusions; unless covered by a manufacturers defect policy, Items that are special ordered ie: Hoods, body panels, custom wheels, carbon fiber etc, custom coated (powder or painted) and or painted items are not returnable. All Custom Tuning products are also non-returnable. NO EXCEPTIONS
- Core Charges. Some of our newest offerings have core charges associated with them. If you are charged a care charge fee, you will have 30 days to return a *qualifying core to us, to receive a refund of the core charge fee. Cores returned outside of this period may not receive a refund. *Qualifying cores, must be complete as the part you are purchasing from us, this includes all necessary hardware, accessories is applicable and also be in usable condition. Physically damaged cores, modified or other wise non-stock cores may not be accepted. Contact us prior to purchase if you are unsure. if your core is eligible for a return, we will process the refund of the core fee to the original payment method only. You will be responsible for postage and safe handling of your cores to our facility. Items damaged or lost in transit are your responsibility. we recommend you package them well and insure your items for loss or damage, and always opt for tracking.
Why do we charge a restocking fee? In this industry, certain costs of doing business are not reversible when you return an item, Payment processing fees, packaging, postage and more all are part of the cost when we send you a part, our restocking fee covers lost credit card processing fees, shipping fees, etc. A standard restocking Fee of 20% will apply to all products being returned to SMG.
If a product returned to SMG does not meet our strict condition standards we may opt to charge an additional fee to re-coup the lost value or simply refuse the return entirely. If you have questions on whether your returned product will be accepted, you can always contact us prior to clarify.
NOTE: Shipping & Handling charges are non-refundable. Return Shipping is the responsibility of the customer.
Anytime an Item is delivered with a manufacturer defect, SMG (or the Manufacturer) may send the customer a pre-paid shipping label to use for returning the defective item. The customer will not be charged any restocking fees for defective items. NOTE: SMG only covers return shipping on items returned for manufacture defects or any error on the part of SMG or the Manufacturer. SMG will not cover return shipping for items that are improperly installed or damaged by the customer, or reasons due to “changed my mind”, “did not like the product”, or “ordered the wrong item(s)”.
Custom Products & Custom-Painted Items:
Due to the nature of these products, custom made, custom text or lettering, custom ordered, custom product options, and/or custom painted items are not available for refunds or returns. If you have a problem with your custom item, please contact our support team immediately.
Items to be replaced by SMG will need to meet the same requirements as Returned Products. Items must be returned with original packaging, parts, and paperwork. Items to be replaced by SMG will be shipped once the returned product is received and processed.
NOTE: If a replacement item(s) is need immediately, you may purchase a replacement item either online or with one of SMG’s sales representatives and return the other item later for a credit or refund (standard return policies above may apply).
If a new order is placed online, please include a note in the order notes during checkout. Once the replacement item is received SMG will inspect and process any credits deemed necessary.
Damaged Shipments & Partially Missing Items:
Unfortunately, there are times when Items will show up Damaged or Partially Missing due to mishandling in shipment transit or by mistake. SMG requires that all items are inspected by the receiver to verify damage and to report the damaged items or packages to SMG immediately within 48 hours of delivery. SMG will not be held responsible for items that are not reported within the 48 hour period so we may file a claim if necessary with the shipping carrier (USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc). NOTE: In some cases the customer may be required to submit a photo of the damaged shipping box and/or items to verify the damaged with the shipping carrier or manufacturer.
The following list while comprehensive may be subject to change without notice, should you have an item not listed here or addressed anywhere else on our pages, please contact us for how we would process a return.
The items below are considered NON-RETURNABLE, if found defective, contact SMG for available remedies or options.
- HPTuners products, nGauge, Mpvi*, Credits, etc.
- SCT Tuning Products or other tuning products as they are added to our sites
- Custom Ordered Hoods, carbon fiber/fiberglass/composite body parts and accessories. If your part arrives damaged, there are processes in place to get a replacement. Always inspect package contents immediately as you only have a 48 hour window to make a shipping damage claim
- Custom Painted, powder coated, apparel or anything not “standard” from the manufacturer.
- Installed parts (of any type) warrantied issues; do not qualify for a refund, they will be replaced/repaired or exchanged per the manufacturers policy.
- Electrical items ie: switches, sensors. Unless factory sealed. Standard return policies above still apply.
- Wheels/tires, we do not typically stock tires or wheels and most manufacturers do not allow returns either. Please be sure you ordered what you want before you complete your purchase.