SMG Stands behind what we sell with a comprehensive return and warranty program outlined below.
**By completing a purchase or using SMG or affiliates, you agree to our terms and conditions outlined below.**
SMG offer’s a generous 15 Day return policy on most items. Rules and exclusions outlined below.
SMG Will not be responsible for any damage incurred from use of our products, from misuse of our products, nor stemming from faulty installation or physical failure of our parts. Warranty only applies to repair/replacement of parts only (no labor) of our faulty parts *if professionally installed and if found to have failed from no fault of the installer and or owner.
Modifying your vehicle, has inherent risks and you hold all liability for installing and or modifying your vehicle. SMG will retain ZERO Liability from use/installation or purchasing our products or services.
To process a qualified return, the item(s) purchased must be in brand new uninstalled condition, including original packaging in perfect new condition, parts, accessories, and paperwork. Only orders returned in a new, ready-to-sell (unused or installed) condition will receive a refund, minus a restocking fee, and excluding any shipping costs.
All returned orders are inspected for use and/or installation, as well as missing items. SMG will contact the customer if there is any question of use and or missing items required to complete the product(s) for a Refund.
*Certain products are considered Sales-Final and not returnable under any circumstances. Short list includes scratch and dent, close out and clearance items, any sensor or electrical part unless factory sealed. For a comprehensive list of Non-returnable items, please see below:
Product Returns, RMAs,
& Warranty Information:
- WARRANTY ITEMS: ALL 3rd party items will need to be sent directly to the Manufacturer for Warranty Service (by you the customer), if the item is an SMG branded item, contact us for warranty status and how to obtain repair and/or replacement. SMG does not process nor assist in Warranty replacements, exchanges nor service of non-SMG branded products. Be sure to refer to the part manufacturers warranty info for assistance.
- ALL Returns require prior authorization from SMG; contact us at email@example.com to obtain an authorization number and directions. NO RETURN WILL BE ACCEPTED WITHOUT PRIOR WRITTEN AUTHORIZATION BY SMG. You will be responsible for return shipping and ensuring the package contents arrive in like new condition. All returns are also subject to a re-stocking fee. See section below for more details. Any unauthorized returns will be refused and sent back with the shipper where possible. It will be your responsibility to collect your items and or make arrangements to collect them.
- Special Orders*, Custom Made orders and other exclusions; unless covered by a manufacturers defect policy, Items that are special ordered ie: Hoods, body panels, custom wheels, carbon fiber etc, custom coated (powder or painted) and or painted items are not returnable. All Custom Tuning products are also non-returnable. NO EXCEPTIONS
- Items that were special order but have not yet arrived: Sometimes things happen in life and a big or special purchase may need to be changed or cancelled prior to arrival. This list isn’t all inclusive but should cover most situations. In some special cases an item you special order may not be cancelled. This is typically applies to items that are made to order or something that was customized specifically for you and is in production or materials etc have been purchased where costs cannot be recouped. Other items such as wheels or exhausts and other items that can technically be a special order but not custom made specific for you or your car, the manufacturer at their discretion may charge a cancellation fee to recoup any labor or materials already spent making or processing your parts (in this case we may be able to cancel that order minus the manufacturer fee). We’ll let you know at the time of purchase what the specifics that apply to your special order are. By completing the purchase, you acknowledge this policy and accept our terms as binding.
- Core Charges. Some of our newest offerings have core charges associated with them. If you are charged a core charge fee, you will have 30 days from arrival at your delivery address to return a *qualifying core to us, to receive a refund of the core charge fee. Cores returned outside of this period may not receive a refund. *Qualifying cores, must be complete as the part you are purchasing from us, this includes all necessary hardware, accessories applicable and also be in usable condition. Physically damaged cores, modified or otherwise non-stock cores may not be accepted. Contact us prior to purchase if you are unsure if your core is eligible for a return. We will process the refund of the core fee to the original payment method only. You will be responsible for postage and safe handling of your cores to our facility. Items damaged or lost in transit are your responsibility. We recommend you package them well and insure your items for loss or damage, and always opt for tracking. DO NOT return cores via US Mail. Only Fedex or UPS are acceptable return transit carriers.
Why do we charge a restocking fee? In this industry, certain costs of doing business are not reversible when you return an item, Payment processing fees, packaging, postage and more all are part of the cost when we send you a part, our restocking fee covers lost credit card processing fees, shipping fees, etc. A standard minimum restocking Fee of 20% will apply to all products being returned to SMG.
If a product returned to SMG does not meet our strict condition standards we may opt to charge an additional fee to re-coup the lost value or simply refuse the return entirely. If you have questions on whether your returned product will be accepted, you can always contact us prior to clarify.
NOTE: Shipping & Handling charges are non-refundable. Return Shipping is the responsibility of the customer.
Anytime an Item is delivered with a manufacturer defect, SMG (or the Manufacturer) may send the customer a pre-paid shipping label to use for returning the defective item. The customer will not be charged any restocking fees for defective items. NOTE: SMG only covers return shipping on items returned for manufacture defects or any error on the part of SMG or the Manufacturer. SMG will not cover return shipping for items that are improperly installed or damaged by the customer, or reasons due to “changed my mind”, “did not like the product”, or “ordered the wrong item(s)”.
Custom Products & Custom-Painted Items:
Due to the nature of these products, custom made, custom text or lettering, custom ordered, custom product options, and/or custom painted items are not available for refunds or returns. If you have a problem with your custom item, please contact our support team immediately.
Items to be replaced by SMG will need to meet the same requirements as Returned Products. Items must be returned with original packaging, parts, and paperwork. Items to be replaced by SMG will be shipped once the returned product is received and processed.
If a replacement item(s) is needed immediately, you may purchase a replacement
item either online or with one of SMG’s sales representatives and return the
other item later for a credit or refund (standard return policies above may
If a new order is placed online, please include a note in the order notes during checkout. Once the replacement item is received SMG will inspect and process any credits deemed necessary.
Damaged Shipments & Partially Missing Items:
Unfortunately, there are times when Items will show up Damaged or Partially Missing due to mishandling in shipment transit or by mistake. SMG requires that all items are inspected by the receiver to verify damage and to report the damaged items or packages to SMG immediately within 48 hours of delivery. SMG will not be held responsible for items that are not reported within the 48 hour period so we may file a claim if necessary with the shipping carrier (USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc). NOTE: In some cases the customer may be required to submit a photo of the damaged shipping box and/or items to verify the damaged with the shipping carrier or manufacturer.
The following list while comprehensive may be subject to change without notice,
should you have an item not listed here or addressed anywhere else on our
pages, please contact us for how we would process a return.
The items below are considered NON-RETURNABLE, if found defective, contact SMG for available
remedies or options.
- HPTuners products, nGauge, Mpvi*, Credits, etc.
- SCT Tuning Products or other tuning products as they are added to our sites
- Scratch and Dent, Clearance or Close out items.
- Custom Ordered Hoods, carbon fiber/fiberglass/composite body parts and accessories. If your part arrives damaged, there are processes in place to get a replacement. Always inspect package contents immediately as you only have a 48 hour window to make a shipping damage claim
- Custom Painted, powder coated, apparel or anything not “standard” from the manufacturer.
- Installed parts (of any type) warrantied issues; do not qualify for a refund, they will be replaced/repaired or exchanged per the manufacturers policy.
- Electrical items ie: switches, sensors, harnesses, injectors. Unless factory sealed. Standard return policies above still apply.
- Wheels/tires, we do not typically stock tires or wheels and most manufacturers do not allow returns either. Please be sure you ordered what you want before you complete your purchase.
- Lift Kits and associated components, due to the bulk nature and extreme weight associated with these items, no returns will be accepted on lift kits from any manufacturer. If you have a product issue, please contact the manufacturer directly.
- Any Item that arrived via truck freight.
What information do we collect?
- We collect information from you when you register on the site, place an order, enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site feature.
- When ordering or registering, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
- We also collect information about gift recipients so that we can fulfill the gift purchase. The information we collect about gift recipients is not used for marketing purposes.
- Like many websites, we use “cookies” to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. Please refer to the “Do we use ‘cookies’?” section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, purchase products, enter a contest or promotion, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, we may send you periodic e-mails. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mail from us, please refer to the “How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?” section below. If you have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters, you will not receive these e-mails. Visitors who register or participate in other site features such as marketing programs and ‘members-only’ content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our e-mail list and receive e-mail communications from us.
How do we protect visitor information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
Do we use “cookies”?
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won’t have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone by contacting customer service.
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. The term “outside parties” does not include Dominick Investments Group or SMGspeed It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?
To modify your e-mail subscriptions, please let us know by modifying your preferences in the “My Account” section. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production.
To delete all of your online account information from our database, sign into the “My Account” section of our site and remove your shipping addresses, billing addresses & payment information. Please note that we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping.
CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT DISCLOSURES
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
This California Consumer Privacy Act disclosure (“Disclosure”) supplements the SMGspeed Privacy Notice and is effective as of January 1, 2020. The SMGspeed Privacy Notice describes the personal information that we collect, the sources from which we collect it, the purposes for which we use it, the limited circumstances under which we share personal information, and with whom we share it. These additional disclosures are required by the California Consumer Privacy Act:
1. Categories of personal information collected. The personal information that SMGspeed collects, or has collected from consumers in the twelve months prior to the effective date of this Disclosure, fall into the following categories established by the California Consumer Privacy Act:
- identifiers such as your name, alias, address, phone numbers, or IP address;
- personal information, such as a credit card number;
- commercial information, such as purchase and content streaming activity;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including content interaction information, such as content downloads, streams, and playback details;
- geolocation data, such as the location of your device or computer;
- audio or visual information, such as voice recordings when you speak to our customer service;
- professional information, for example data you may provide about your business if you are a Reseller; and
- inference data, such as information about your purchase preferences.
- Categories of personal information disclosed for a business purpose. The personal information that SMGspeed disclosed about consumers for a business purpose in the twelve months prior to the effective date of this Disclosure fall into the following categories established by the California Consumer Privacy Act:
- identifiers such as your name, address, phone numbers, or IP address, for example if we use a third party carrier to deliver your order;
- personal information, such as a credit card number, for example if we use a third party payment processor;
- commercial information, such as the details of a product or service you purchased if a third party service provider is assisting to provide that product or service to you;
- geolocation data, such as providing a delivery partner the location of your location in order to deliver a package;
- audio or visual information, for example if a service provider reviews recordings of customer service phone calls for quality assurance purposes; and
- Right to Request Access to or Deletion of Personal Information: You may have the right under the California Consumer Privacy Act to request information about the collection of your personal information by SMGspeed, or access to or deletion of your personal information. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact customer service. Depending on your data choices, certain services may be limited or unavailable.
4. No sale of personal information. In the twelve months prior to the effective date of this Disclosure, SMGspeed has not sold any personal information of consumers, as those terms are defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
5. No Discrimination. SMGspeed will not discriminate against any consumer for exercising their rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
Third party links
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
Changes to our policy
Questions and feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue.
Online Policy Only